Administer credit operations that will increase distribution and sales volume, utilizing sound, constructive credit policies and practices that will contribute to the profit of the company and increase customer stability and satisfaction, taking in to consideration prompt turnover and adequate protection of the company’s investment in accounts receivable. Ideal candidate will be detail oriented, motivated and creative, able to “think outside the box” and plan strategically.
Areas of Responsibility / Tasks
Performance must reflect appropriate level of expertise and achievement of the desired results for the items listed below.
Review and understand financial and ratio analysis to improve cash flow, decrease past dues, and establish credit limits with assigned parameters
Interface with sales personnel to streamline customer credit and cash flow related issues
Communicate effectively, professionally, and legally with external and internal contacts regarding credit accounts
Identify, report and assist in solving credit issues on key customers
Communicate to the Credit Manager on difficult collection cases with details and recommended action
Deal legally and appropriately with DIP’s, Chapter 11, and Chapter 7 situations
Strive to lower monthly DSO, Collection Efficiency, and Average Daily Delinquent
Manage special projects assigned by the Credit Manager
Participate in periodic analysis of market, economic, industry and business conditions affecting the company’s credit policy
a. Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field b. Three (3+) plus years’ experience in cash management, investment analysis and related accounting experience including corporate environment. 2. Financial business acumen as demonstrated by previous work experience
3. Ability to work independently and present solutions to issues
4. Basic knowledge of sales, accounting, credit and collections, financial statement analysis, banking and finance, commercial law and economics
5. Microsoft Office, emphasis in Excel and Word
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
7. Strong people skills (ability to sell project results to management)
8. Preferred experience with enterprise systems (ex: JD Edwards, SAP, etc)
9. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
10. Proactive, can work well under pressure and meet deadlines 11. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As the advocate for business credit and financial management professionals NACM and its network of Partners take great pride in being the primary learning, knowledge, networking and information resource for commercial creditors nationwide.