We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are seeking a Director, Credit to assist the SVP and provide overall direction for the credit function, specifically as it relates to meeting departmental and company-wide goals and objectives. The Director will have important relationships with the UMG executive staff, executive staff of UMG’s customer base, senior credit staff and the credit analysts.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all jobs performed within the credit department
- Direct and manage all credit activities within the credit department; including but not limited to the management of all UMG receivables to ensure timely collections and increased productivity while minimizing risks
- Ensure that all financial transactions, policies and procedures meet corporate objectives
- Provide analysis and interpretation of customer and industry trends requiring management’s attention.
- Act as a corporate liaison in conducting business with outside financial institutions and vendors
- Responsible for fulfilling all staffing needs within the department. Interview, hire and train personnel; assign work and direct activities; perform annual and bi-annual performance reviews
- Confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, priorities and methods
- Build and maintain strong and effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Monitor all credit processes and procedures to ensure that the most accurate and efficient methods are used
- Assist the SVP in routine duties relating to credit, collections and general office procedures, as well as the creation and completion of any ad hoc reports and special projects as assigned
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.